hi everyone!! I have here some interesting facts that I hope would amaze you.. The site where I got this is posted at the bottom of this info.
1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
--akala ko the other way around?
3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
4. Your tongue is germ-free only if it is pink. If it is white, there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
--go check your tongue in the mirror!
5. The Mercedes-Benz motto is “Das Beste oder Nichts” meaning “The Best or Nothing”.
6. The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.
7. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
--dilates and contracts.
8. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep a night.
9. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
-- oh ano pa hinihintay nyo? tawa na!
10. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
11. Dalmatians are born without spots.
12. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
13. The ‘v’ in the name of a court case does not stand for ‘versus’, but for ‘and’ (in civil proceedings) or ‘against’ (in criminal proceedings).
14. Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right, but women’s shirts have the buttons on the left.
15. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.
16. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
17. Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks.
18. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.
19. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
-- lagot. cx
20. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
21. The verb “cleave” is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.
-- ....processing. xDD
22. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.
--yun pla yung sinasabi nilang butterflies in the stomach
23. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
-- bloody sweat.!
24. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor.
25. The lion that roars in the MGM logo is named Volney.
--haha, pineke yan ng Tom and Jerry Show ee.
26. Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros.
27. Switching letters is called spoonerism. For example, saying jag of Flapan, instead of flag of Japan.
28. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.
29. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
--abnormality daw yan.
30. There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
-- ansipag nung nagmeasure.
31. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
32. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.
-- ang gulo, ang sabi dun sa isang libro hindi na daw. after death, magiging rigid daw yung whole body a process called Rigor Mortis. this is the reason why we mistakenly interpret that hair and nails grow after death.
33. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
34. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
--first ko nalaman to sa Phineas and Ferb! do u watch that?
35. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game.
36. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
-- Oo, whew, buti nakikinig ako nun sa Bio Class.
37. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die.
38. In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it is smiling).
39. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”
-- waah, tlga?!
40. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.
41. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
--sandamak2 na zinc siguro ang nasa utak ko ngayon...ay este kang Einstein pla!
42. The average person laughs 13 times a day.
--lampas na siguro ako nyan ng dahil sa triviang ito.
43. Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They are: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Speak no evil)
44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
--napablink 2loi ako.
45. German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
-- Felines Rule!!! meow.
46. Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with each jump.
47. Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.
48. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.
49. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.
-- dko napansin eun aah. haha. nice.
50. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!
-- so if I poke my heart while lying down, i'll have this really cool blood fountain?
tikar lampit rotan saburina It was subsequently an important bookbag. - *tikar lampit rotan saburina *It was subsequently an important bookbag. It was subsequently small in size, functional, is just about the might previously b...
10 months ago